Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My favorite season, my favorite reason... for makin ... quilts

Not exactly sexy, but nonetheless enjoyable.

I have begun the twins' baby quilts. The girls' quilt is well under way and I am about to begin the blocks for the boys' quilt. I have chosen to do two Sawtooth Stars and two Log Cabins per quilt as I did for Milo's quilt. It's nice to have a little variety and I like the way these blocks compliment one another.

All my windows are open, the lulling noise of street construction is grinding in the distance, and a cool breeze cuts the warmth of the sunshine in my apartment. In short, I'm happy. I hate Summer. It's my least favorite season - although this Summer was much more enjoyable than most - and Fall is my favorite. "Good-bye stickiness, hello movement." That was a tag line used for Dove Shampoo ads on the NYC subway a couple of years ago featuring Wilma Flinstone and I always thought it was better suited for a laxative commercial, but hey, I'm no ad-man... but it might work in this instance.

I took on of my Sawtooth Stars last night and brought it to my husband as he was doing the dishes and said, "Hey, look! I have done my first nearly perfect Sawtooth Star!" which, of course, meant that this morning when I started my Log Cabins I had considerable trouble. I had to re-do one of them three times. Sigh. Had to open my big mouth.

Okay - enough blather... here's some photos and I'm off to cut fabric for the boys' quilt. I'm a little nervous about the dark colors of this quilt and am hoping that when I do my first block I will be pleased with the palette I've chosen.

Happy Autumn!



















No comments: