Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sew what?

Baby quilts, that's what! Hardy har har.

(Jazz joke. I'm a dork.)

Heidi's quilt is almost done. I just have to finish the hand binding and add a label and it's finished! I am very pleased with the progress my free-motion quilting has taken. It's definitely not perfect - there are points on this quilt that I would re-do if I thought it wouldn't make it worse - but in general, this quilting is the best I've done so far. It's exciting to see the progress.

I also used Baby Goth Pink for the backing but in flannel this time and it is THICKER than cotton! Duh. I know... you knew that already, as did I, but it really adds thickness and makes sewing the binding on the front of it tricky. Sew and learn, right?

Harry Quinn's quilt is ready to be quilted now - the "quilt sandwich" is done - and then I can proceed with the hanging sleeve and binding that I just did for Heidi's. I'm gonna be brief so I can keep sewing, but here are the photos of the progress.





























No comments: