Friday, August 15, 2008

Baby Quilt #2

So I have begun my second baby quilt for our upstairs neighbors who just had a little boy, Milo. I have used two sawtooth stars (seen in the previous quilt) and two log cabins with yellow and light green and Alexander Henry's 2-D Zoo in sage. I can't post photos quite yet because my digital camera is broken.

I've been gone a while because I was getting married. So now that we're back from our wedding and honeymoon (both took place in Bermuda and coming home as been a bit of a shock) it's back to the sewing machine.

I love the compliment of the fabrics that I've chosen, but my sewing lacks ability. I've realized that I often have trouble with seams puckering which is annoying and something I am trying to remedy. It will still look pretty good, I think, but I want it to be better!

I'll post photos as soon as I can. I just finished piecing together the four blocks and sashing and outer border. So the top of the quilt is done. I have to cut the backing and make the quilt "sandwich" (I hate when food items are used to describe non-culinary items). Then the quilting begins and as in the last baby quilt I will use minimal stitching to keep the fabrics puffy and soft.

I can't wait to show you the fabric I chose for the backing! It's adorable and so cheerful.

Okay, back to it.

Photos soon!

No comments: