Friday, August 22, 2008

New territory... baby quilts on commission

I am about to start four new projects. (Ack! Exciting, but ack!) A small quilt for my father's 80th birthday in Sept and two baby quilts on commission for a friend in Maine who is having twins! One girl and one boy so I will do similar quilts in different color schemes.

The one for my father will probably be preppy colors with a sea theme - it will be nice but a bit conservative for my taste. But that's why it's for my dad and not for me! If I put skulls on his quilt he would probably think I wanted to kill him or something. So let's keep that dark side for someone who has my sense of humor.

The baby quilts, however, will have skulls on them! Yay! The couple who are having the twins definitely have a sense of humor and would appreciate the "dangerous baby quilt".

I will be using "Goth Baby" blue and pink as the backings for these quilts, I think. And again will be using Alexander Hengry's 2-D Blue and Primary. I can't get enough of that print and think it's perfect for kids.

I also just found out about this fabric- Knitmare on Elm Street - that I must use in a project. I am going to start to attempt to make totes as well and want to use this for one. Hilarious.

Ok! Off to sew.

No comments: