Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Card Trick

is sewn.

It's a cool block. Once again, my sewing needs some practice, as you will see in the photos. The fabric, however, looks amazing and I think it will look good in the overall quilt. I tried to fix the corners of the "cards" to match up perfectly, but I think I just need to practice doing this block. The first couple of times I have done any block it looks wobbly and this is no exception. It looks good enough to proceed though, I think.

I am really excited to get onto the next two blocks - the Sawtooth Star and the Pinwheel. I haven't yet decided whether to use blue and white fabrics in the Pinwheel to again reference the Greek flag or whether to use this bubble fabric that is used in the Card Trick - I love it! And I want it incorporated as much as possible. We'll see!





2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun fabrics you're using for this quilt. stop worrying so much about matching and enjoy yourself. This is a quilt to be used, right? Baby won't care about perfection. good luck with the quilt.

A tall redhead said...

Thank you! I love your blog and read it often. Good advice... thanks a lot.