Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A cold, wintry day in New York

Is there a better time for sewing than Winter? I don't think so. One of the things I love about sewing and quilting is the homey feeling I get from creating something comforting out of scraps. There is never a time when I'm more in the mood to make a cup of Earl Grey, put on the jazz station and start a new project than a cold, wet, Winter day. And today fits that description.

I just returned from Manhattan after an appointment and doing some errands. While I was in "The City" I happened to be around the Empire State Building and saw that a number of police and emergency vehicles were in front of it. I snapped a couple of shots on my iPhone as I nervously continued on my way to a store near there. For some reason I thought it was worth capturing. By the time I had gone to the store and come out, all the vehicles were gone. It always amazes me how quickly the landscape of NYC can change.



No comments: