Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lavender Eye Pillows - the search for the perfect measurements!






I don't know about you, but when I am stressed out or can't sleep a lavender eye pillow is the first thing I turn to. I have at least 3 in my possession at all times. I always, always travel with one and an eye mask and sleeping pills (a last resort).

So I am beginning to make them for sale and am trying out different measurements and ways of making them. The result? Two very cheap decent lavender eye pillows! See my Etsy store: http://www.badgalquilts.etsy.com.

I am much closer to understanding what will make the perfect eye pillow - what dimensions, how much "stuffing" to add, what ratio, and how to make it as comfortable as possible. There will definitely be more added to my store soon.

And in other exciting news I am beginning a new quilt - a Queen size! My friend has commissioned me to make her a Summer quilt and we are choosing very cool, mod-themed fabrics centered around a lime/blue colored "In Crowd" that I just nabbed off ebay. Yes! More on that soon too.

No comments: